For Emergency Tree Removal Services contact our caring and responsive staff at 301-937-6269 & 301-681-4186 or after hours at 240-832-6320 for immediate help if you have storm damage from trees or branches. You can call anytime and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible – absolutely within hours. What can you expect?
- A tree service estimator will come to your property, provide a written estimate and go over the details with you.
- If a tree or branch falls on your house, fence, garage, or other structure, our reputation and guidance will move you through the insurance claims process, maximizing your policy coverage and minimizing your stress.
- Our expert crane operators and tree removal crews take great care to protect and preserve your property. A tree falling on your house is bad enough; no one should have to deal with additional unnecessary damage from tree removal!
Cost of Emergency Tree Removal & Insurance
Our expert tree removal estimates speed up payment authorization from your homeowner’s or business property insurance. We will:
- Contact your insurance agent
- Explain the situation
- Get approval
- Bill your insurance company directly if possible to avoid out of pocket expenses.
3 general insurance-related guidelines for storm damage*
- Insurance policies typically cover all or part of the cost to remove trees or branches from your home or other structure / building.
- Insurance policies do not cover trees and branches that fall on lawns, driveways, or bushes.
- If your healthy tree or its branches fall on a neighbor’s property during a storm you are not responsible for the damage. The neighbor’s homeowner’s insurance will cover clean-up and repairs to their property.
- If your dead tree or its branches fall on a neighbor’s property, you will be held responsible for the damages due to negligence. Protect your financial well-being by removing dead trees and dead branches. Keep healthy trees pruned to avoid property damage or bodily injury.
*Your coverage may differ; review your specific policy coverage to confirm or contact your insurance provider if you have questions.